Elijah was due on December 23, 2008. He had been in breech position for the entire time I was carrying him so the week of Thanksgiving I went to the Dr. Batie for another ultrasound to see if he had turned yet or if we were going to try a version. (A version is where they try to push him into position from the outside - ouch!)
During the ultrasound they discovered that there was very little amniotic fluid. I had told Mike not to come to this appointment with me since it was going to be quick so I had to call him on my way to the hospital for a non-stress test to make sure Eli was okay. The test was fine so after a couple more tests and another ultrasound Dr. Batie scheduled a C-Section for November 29, 2008. (Dr. Batie is awesome! He kept me calm during this entire experience and I completely trusted him.)
Mike and I tried to get the house as prepared as we could on short notice. We still hadn't chosen a name and didn't decide on one until about 3am on the 29th.
At 9:46 am on November 29, 2008 Elijah was born. The surgery went great, recovery was pretty easy, and most importantly Eli was doing really well after being born just shy of 36 weeks. He weighed 6 lb 2 oz and was 20 inches long. He had a little bit of hip dysplasia from being breech for so long but all of those symptoms are gone and he is doing great!!
The morning of the surgery.
Elijah on his birthday.

Our first "family portrait"

No comments:
Post a Comment